[ogsa-hpcp-wg] OGF HPC Profile WG going dormant after OGF25 (Mar 2-6 2009)

Marty Humphrey humphrey at cs.virginia.edu
Fri Feb 20 06:12:34 CST 2009

Folks,

We should all be very proud of our efforts over the recent years regarding
the creation of the HPC Profile!

In my opinion, we succeeded because we kept the scope small and
well-defined. From the start, we planned for a short-term activity. As such,
we believe that we have successfully completed our mission and it thus makes
sense for the HPC Profile WG to go dormant after the meeting at OGF25.

More specifically, we will have a single session at OGF 25. On Monday, Mar
2, from 5:30-7:00pm, we will be having short presentations regarding
implementation experiences, and we will solicit authors for the experiences
document for the HPC File Staging profile (GFD.135).

Chris Smith, Steven Newhouse, and I thank you very much for your
contributions to the creation of the HPC Profile, and we hope that you will
be able to participate in one last celebratory drink with us in Catania,
Italy!

-- Marty