[ogsa-hpcp-wg] [OGSA-BES-WG] Unresolved issues in BES from implementation experiences

Piotr Domagalski piotr.domagalski at fedstage.com
Mon Feb 25 05:11:04 CST 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Piotr Domagalski
<piotr.domagalski at fedstage.com> wrote:
>  Currently, SOAP faults can be used in response vectors but the
>  specification can be interpreted in the way that in some cases the
>  faults could be returned directly (without the message body).
>
>  I think it would be easier for the developer (of a client, for
>  example) to have only one kind of faults. So I'd vote for having the
>  faults returned only in the response element, even if the request
>  concerned only one activity or the fault concerns all of the
>  activities given in the vector (these are the cases I think the fault
>  could be returned directly, according to the current spec).

Sorry, it just got to me that this is not optimal at all - for example
having to return the same 1000 faults in the response element...

It is a bit cumbersome for the developer but it is better to return
the direct SOAP fault in case there's an error concerning all of the
activities (including the case of 1 activity) in the vector. So I
think the WSDL needs to be corrected so to add some faults (i.e.
NotAuthorizedFaults) to some operations (i.e. TerminateActivities,
GetActivityDocuments) as it lacks some of them currently.

--
Piotr Domagalski