[ogsa-hpcp-wg] LAST CALL for HPC File Staging Profile

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Feb 5 03:48:21 CST 2008

Glenn Wasson wrote:
> 	This email announces the LAST CALL for the HPC File Staging Profile
> (HPC-FSP). The latest version of this document can be found at
> http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc15024. Last call will last for one week
> (ending on 2/11/08).

I think you're not quite ready for Last Call yet. You have a number of
issues still to fix, most of which are minor.

In section 3.1.2, the wording prohibits a future profile from extending
this profile to support <FileSystemName>. It also means that any
implementation which *does* support <FileSystemName> cannot be compliant
with this profile. Is this intended?

You're using 'must' (in lower case) in a fair number of places. You are
aware that that is non-normative?

Now for the minor editorial stuff:

   In the Copyright Notice on the front page, the copyright year need to
   be extended. :-)

   Sections 5, 6 and 7 are incomplete.

   In section 8, the full copyright notice is wrong. (Inconsistent too.)
   Similarly for section 9.

   In section 10, the URL for JSDL 1.0 is missing (and the reference
   should not be just to a URL anyway; it's a published document, a
   comment which also applies to the BES 1.0 reference). The reference to
   HPC Profile 1.0 is incomplete.

   In Table 2-1, it would be a good idea to shade the title row
   differently to the other rows.

   You're inconsistent about whether references to References are
   bookmarks or not.

   In section 3.4, it would be nice if the paragraphs describing
   particular protocols were indented to make them more visually distinct
   from the surrounding text.

It seems there were more nits to be picked than I expected. :-)

Donal.