[ogsa-hpcp-wg] SC2007 HPC Profile Interop Fest - security, X.509 certification

Gabor ROCZEI roczei at niif.hu
Tue Oct 30 12:43:06 CDT 2007

Dear Glenn Wasson,

During the SC07 demo NorduGrid would like to use the x509 mutual auth security option. Please configure the tester so that it'll accept our cert. The
IGTF approved CA package can be downloaded from nordugrid repository:

http://download.nordugrid.org/software/igtf/releases/latest/noarch/ca_NIIF-1.17-1.noarch.rpm

Please let us know what kind of cert the tester is using. Provided the tester is configured properly it supports the x509 method, does it?

Citation from you:

"Here is the link to the compliance tester. To correct what Steven wrote in the minutes below, the compliance tester can only handle username/password
authentication. I will need to install people’s root certs so that the compliance tester (the client) can trust your service for the https connection
(required by HPCP), but no X.509 mutual auth is supported right now."

Best regards,

	       Gabor Roczei
    NIIF Intitute / Nordugrid / KnowARC

--
Gabor ROCZEI                                      +36-30-690-0008
Research Associate                                 roczei at niif.hu
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY                        +36-1-4503061/5015

                          http://www.niif.hu/en

National Information Infrastructure Development Institute (NIIFI)

               H-1132 Budapest, Victor Hugo u. 18-22.

Key 0x6FABD32A: BD86 701C F6D2 8DE3 6D6B 6C03 8BFD FAB1 6FAB D32A