[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Meeting Notes

Steven Newhouse Steven.Newhouse at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 11 12:09:10 CDT 2007

Present
Steven (MS)
Blair (MS)
Glenn (UVa)
Paulo & Luigi (INFN)
Chris (Platform)
John (OGF)
Joel (OGF)

Marketing
At SC06 did a press release and a sign for booths participating in the interop demo. Add marketing as an agenda item for the session at OGF next week. The ByteIO and GIN interop activities are separate to the HPCBP activity. In addition do we want to work on an article for Grid Today (or elsewhere). Link into product announcements from organizations.

Updates
Glenn: Prototype extensions for activity credential and file staging. Some revision of the specifications.
Chris: Updated implementation to current specification. Use PAM to authenticate users. Will be updating endpoint sometime soon.
Paulo: Updating BES. Looking to implement file staging activity. Only support X.509 and gridProxyCertificates. Seeing how username & password can be used to contact normal FTP server. Demonstration at OMII-Europe & INFN.
Steven: No change in implementation - still basic file handling and activity credential work in place. Would like a discussion around the linkage between file handling

Experiences Document
Glenn has been keeping a list that he will place on the wiki/sharepoint. NB: If we use the UVa Sharepoint we must put a link to it from the wiki.

BES++
A HPCBP implementation on top of gSOAP is now available on SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/bespp/). Platform has open sourced their implementation. Chris looking for contributors. UVa implementation around BES++ uses file (data) staging using anonymous ftp, username/password ftp, GridFTP with proxy by using MyProxy.

OGF Session Agenda (11am Monday)

*         SC07 demo planning

*         Discussion of extensions: Activity Credential, File Staging, Activity Filters

*         SC07 Marketing plans: OGF interop press release, product press releases, signs on booths

*         Participation in BES++