[ogsa-hpcp-wg] File staging extension

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Nov 1 16:32:57 CDT 2007

Marty Humphrey wrote:
> Right -- " Are you concerned with the inclusion of the username/password in
> the URI string in the JSDL?" No. It's over https by definition.
>
> A little more broadly, I am concerned that someone could semi-legitimately
> accuse the HPC Profile effort of "mandating insecurity".

Might be worth considering webdav, since that's (almost) http(s) and yet
is known to support bidirectional transfers (the semantics of which are
messier with http).

Longer term, an extension to JSDL to allow the embedding of EPRs would
allow for something much more sophisticated, as I think there's
something in the WS-Zoo that allows the embedding of credentials (or
methods of obtaining them) in EPRs. But not this year. :-)

Donal.