[ogsa-hpcp-wg] HPC Profile editor submission for public comment

Marty Humphrey humphrey at cs.virginia.edu
Tue Feb 20 05:40:29 CST 2007

Folks,

To clarify...

Following the successful OGF meeting in Chapel Hill, we issued the LAST CALL
on the HPC Basic Profile on Jan 31 (to end Wed Jan 7). We received a few
comments during this period about the wording in certain places ("fix the
references/citations"), but nothing major. I then (as editor of the doc)
made the changes to the doc and submitted it to the OGF steering group (on
Feb 10) for public comment. The steering group is given two weeks to
"process" this doc, at which point it should go into public comment.

I have not officially announced this version of the document because it's
not actually in public comment yet. That is, there's no process by which to
formally register comments (we're in a "quiet period" for 4 more days). I
encourage you to read this version (URL to the "internal steering group web
page" provided by Hiro), of course, but (a) it's not much changed from the
version we discussed at the OGF meeting in Chapel Hill, and (b) you'll need
to save your comments (it's better at this point -- in 4 days -- to put
comments into the "public comment" section as opposed to sending them just
to this mailing list).

I hope this clears up any confusion caused by Hiro's email.

-- Marty