[ogsa-hpcp-wg] HPC Profile, BES and JSDL experiences document

Steven Newhouse Steven.Newhouse at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 3 18:21:15 CDT 2007

All,

Glenn thanks for this. In thinking how we can develop an experience document for HPCP, BES & JSDL this is an excellent start.

In validating HPCP I think we need to make sure we tick boxes for the BES and JSDL specs. From a HPCP perspective the only real differences are (I think):
* HPCP does not require that vector operations are support (while BES does)
* JSDL has many more elements beyond the minimum for HPC Application profile. Could the JSDL group expand on how they would cover this. Do we need to develop a list of which implementations support which elements? Or have a JSDL document that exercises different JSDL feature sets?

BES-Activity port types are now a non-normative component in the BES specification.

The BES & HPCP specs are going through their final GFSG review before being published. So that we can move ahead on the interop testing - and expanding on Glenn's list - could someone from each group also report back on:
* Are they willing and able to be involved in an interop activity leading towards SC07
* What implementation will they be using for the interop?
* Will they be consuming and endpoint and/or contributing an endpoint?
* Which version of the specifications does their implementation comply with? (SC06, pre public-comment, post public-comment, ...)
* How long do they think it will take to update their implementation to match their final specification?
* Who is the contact point and where are they - for the purposes of arranging telecons?
* Are they on the HPCP list - please get on it so that can be used as the single communication point - cross-posting bad & non-archived communication very bad.
* Do you support the HPCP username & password and/or the X.509 security framework?

SC07 is not that far away so I feel we need to start the telecons and start driving the interop activities before we all vanish on vacation.

Regards,

Steven