[ogsa-hpcp-wg] [SC2006 Demo] informal minutes from friday's OGSA HPC Profile SC 2006 interop minutes

Marty Humphrey humphrey at cs.virginia.edu
Fri Sep 22 17:55:41 CDT 2006

Folks,

These are off the top of my head, so apologies if I miss anything/anyone.

Attendees: Marty Humphrey, UVA; Glenn Wasson, UVA; Duane Merrill, UVA; Mark
Morgan, UVA; Dave Snelling, Fujitsu; Chris Smith, Platform; Rich Ciapala,
Microsoft; Peter Lane, Globus

We first agreed that this mailing list (OGSA HPC Profile) would be used for
communications regarding the demo and/or interop in general. No separate
mailing list is warranted.

We then agreed that we would move this call FROM Fri 2pm EDT to Fri 11am EDT
from this point forward, to better support our colleagues from Europe (note:
as of now, we don't have any Asian-Pacific participants, who might feel a
negative impact from moving this call).

Topic 1: Security. After a good discussion, we decided that everyone would
implement "WS-Security Username Profile (plaintext)",
server-only-authentication HTTPS,  and maybe client-side certificates if
time permits. Consensus was that this is an excellent and pragmatic choice.
We did not directly discuss authorization because of lack of time on this
call.

Topic 2: WS-Addressing. We agreed to use the W3C recommendation: 2005-08
namespace. This is a good forward-looking choice, and spreads the pain
around fairly evenly.

Topic 3: Deliverables and testing. We agreed that we would keep a web page
to keep track of progress. The URL is:
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~humphrey/SC2006.htm This page will ULTIMATELY
(soon?) become password-protected. The current content just captures the
general flow of the process and information for the SC 2006 demo. This page
content and style will be refined in the coming weeks. This version right
now reflects the
nuts-and-bolts" nature of the immediate job before us; the final version of
the demo is the subject of future calls.

Everyone agreed that this was an excellent and very productive kick-off
meeting!

Additional participants are greatly encouraged to participate. Please
contact me directly or submit email to the mailing list.

-- Marty

Marty Humphrey
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science