[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Update to HPC Profile Application draft

Christopher Smith csmith at platform.com
Tue Sep 5 15:10:02 CDT 2006

I've posted an update for the HPC Profile Application extension to
gridforge.

https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13735?nav=1

I've incorporated Donal's edits, and have made other edits due to his
comments.

Three items are still open for discussion:

1. Behaviour when WorkingDirectory is specified, but the directory doesn't
exist. I've added text to say that this should cause a fault to be raised.

2. Relationship between WallClockLimit and JSDL Resources section. I've
added text that the WallClockLimit may be used by the consuming system as
part of the resource selection criteria.

3. Format for directory and file names. Which delimiter is to be accepted?
For fully qualified path names, I guess we should accept "drive letter
qualified" paths (e.g. c:\my\directory\path) in addition to simple delimiter
started paths. Should UNC path names be accepted? I would propose to add
text accepting '/' as a delimiter, and allowing all three of the above for
fully qualified paths.

-- Chris