[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Revised version of BES draft specification

Peter G. Lane lane at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Sep 2 15:56:36 CDT 2006

I'm done with my changes for the moment. The sections I was tasked to fill out were mostly done, so
it was mostly just polish. I also did a lot of polishing to the operations, especially the schemas
and WSDLs. I'd really appreciate it if people could look at this version before I put it up on the
BES documents page. I want to make sure everybody's ok with the changes I made. Here is a general
overview of what I did:

- Changed all references to GetActivyStatus and GetActivitiesStatus (the document inconsistently had
both) to GetActivityStatuses to be both self consistent and consistent with GetActivityDocuments
(according to my dictionary, this is the correct plural of "status").
- Added myself to the authors list.
- Fixed some xsd:any element declarations in operation wrapper types.
- Removed "Type" suffix from all instance elements since they are not complexTypes.
- General clean up of the schema to be consistent and more readable.
- Removed all minOccurs="1" and maxOccurs="1" element attributes since these values are the default.
- Fixed the s12:Fault element declarations.
- Removed duplicate LocalResourceManagerType element from BasicResourceAttributesDocumentType (also
exists in BESResourceAttributesDocumentType).
- Added fault element to the GetActivityDocuments response type
- Added explicit wsa:Action attributes to all input and output operation elements
- Updated the non-normative message examples

I should note that the section numbers seem quite messed up. Somebody who has a better idea of where
things are supposed to fit ought to make sure the numbers are ok. I would have assumed that Word
would take care of this automatically, but I guess not.

Peter