[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Revised version of BES draft specification

Marvin Theimer theimer at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 1 19:11:10 CDT 2006

Hi;

I have finished all the edits that I intended to make and have uploaded my work to gridforge as version 22 of the BES draft document:  https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13783?nav=1
The document is also attached to this email.

A summary of the changes I've made is the following:

Refactored BES-Management and BES-Factory port types.
Promoted Cancelled and Failed to first-class states in the base state diagram.
Moved material in Appendix A on renderings to introduction.
Changed names of some of the operations.
Completely rewrote section 4 on the extensible state model, including adding more examples.
Moved things around in sections 5 & 6 to reflect the refactored port types.
Clarified the vector-length return values from GetActivitiesStatus, TerminateActivities, and GetActivityDocuments operations.
Added a wrapper to the input argument to CreateActivity so that BES-specific inputs can be provided along-side a JSDL document.
Clarified the semantics of TerminateActivities.
Added an embrionic extensions section.
Added myself to the author list.
Fixed up the appendices to reflect the other changes to the document.
Replaced the use of WS-BaseFault with Soap-1.2 faults.
Added Ellen Stokes' container material as an appendix.

I hereby relinquish the pen (and associated lock) on this document.

Marvin.