[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Another Problem (maybe?) in the WSDL

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Oct 23 07:28:27 CDT 2006

Mark Morgan wrote:
[tooling copes with this]
> 	<xsd:complexType name="GetActivityStatusesType">
>          <xsd:sequence>
>            <xsd:element name="ActivityIdentifier"
>                type="wsa:EndpointReferenceType"
>                maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
>          </xsd:sequence>
>       </xsd:complexType>
[but not with this]
> 	<xsd:complexType name="GetActivityDocumentsType">
>         <xsd:sequence>
>           <xsd:element ref="bes-factory:ActivityIdentifier"
>               minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
>         </xsd:sequence>
>       </xsd:complexType>

I think the only thing that can be counted on to work evenly with
tooling as it currently stands is for a ref to refer to a named top
level element, and not one defined inside a complexType. If you define
the ActivityIdentifier at the top level and use references to that, it
will (probably) work.

   <xs:element name="ActivityIdentifier"
       type="wsa:EndpointReferenceType"/>
   <xs:complexType name="GetActivityStatusesType">
      <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element ref="bes-factory:ActivityIdentifier"
             maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      </xs:sequence>
   </xs:complexType>
   <xs:complexType name="GetActivityDocumentsType">
      <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element ref="bes-factory:ActivityIdentifier"
             minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      </xs:sequence>
   </xs:complexType>
   <xs:complexType name="TerminateActivitiesType">
      <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element ref="bes-factory:ActivityIdentifier"
             maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      </xs:sequence>
   </xs:complexType>

Or at least that's how I was told to use name/ref in XML Schema. :-)

Donal.