[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Some Question from EGEE project

Alessandro Maraschini alessandro.maraschini at datamat.it
Fri Oct 20 09:52:10 CDT 2006

Hi Glenn,
Thank you for your reply; everithing is fine, you'll find below just one
question.

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 19:18, Glenn Wasson wrote:
> Alessandro,
>

>             Let me take a shot at your questions and others can chime
> in if they want.
>

> 1)       I’m not sure that the WS-Addressing issue was resolved. Some
> services require WSA headers, some do not. Of course, all services use
> EPRs in message bodies to refer to jobs, but I don’t think that’s what
> you are asking. I guess there are also some clients that automatically
> put WSA info in the headers of their outgoing messages. However, if
> your service doesn’t actually need this info, I guess you can ignore
> it. The security story in general is that clients will communicate
> with services using https and WS-Security UsernameTokens will be used
> (each service and/or user has their own username and password).
>
> 2)       the details of the demo are still be worked out
>
> 3)       I’m not sure exactly which version of the WSDL we want to
> use. The last version that Peter sent out (that had the minOccurs=0
> changes in it) is the one I intend to use, but I don’t know if other
> changes will occur between now and SC. These changes are really just
> corrections to the WSDL and so I suspect everyone will want to use the
> latest. Perhaps on the call this Friday, we can discuss when to “hold”
> the WSDL.
>
> 4)       I use doc/literal. I believe everyone else I’ve interop’d
> with so far does too. Anyone using something else?

well... we do use RPC; we adopted this solution since the beginning of
our services and I think it may be quite labourous to switch for the
demo.  Do you think this might be a problem?  I'll be attending the
incoming phone conf: I hope we can discuss this issue when talking about
the last agenda topic (WSDL/XSD)

cheers,
Alessandro