[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Some Question from EGEE project

Alessandro Maraschini alessandro.maraschini at datamat.it
Thu Oct 19 11:55:50 CDT 2006

Hi all,
After a brief discussion with Steven Newhouse at EGEE06, we decided to
try and participate in the SC06 interoperability DEMO with two more
services coming from the european project EGEE
(http://www.eu-egee.org/): CREAM & WMPROXY: those WS-based services have
been working for several months now; over the last few weeks we have
been trying to integrate our work with BES and JSDL implementation.

Yet we still have some unsolved questions, I hope you would be so kind
to answer them:

1) WS-Addressing and WS-Security
According to what I read, the client will send SOAP messages including
WS-addressing headers while the server might not support WS-Addressing
at all and just ignore WS-addressing headers, is that correct?
What about WS-security on server side? Is that a suggestion rather than
a to-be-implemented feature?

2) Is there available any [template] client that will be used to call
services during the demo?
How will be the demo structured? Which is the client used for querying
the service?

3) Can we consider the BES-factory wsdl as definitive?
There had been some complains during the week, yet only minimal parts
aparently are going to be changed.
Can we assume the last WSDL is the one that will be used for the demo?

4) Binding and style/encoding
Regarding the Binding, are we free to use both DOCUMENT/LITERAL and
RPC/LITERAL or is there some restriction?

cheers,
Alessandro

--
-----
Alessandro Maraschini

DATAMAT S.p.A. - a Finmeccanica company
Via Laurentina, 760 ­ I - 00143 Rome ­ Italy
http://www.datamat.it

mailto: alessandro.maraschini at datamat.it
phone:    +39 06 5027 4501 (direct)
	  +39 06 5027 2211 (secretary)