[ogsa-hpcp-wg] MS HPCBasicProfile Web Service

Peter G. Lane lane at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 16 15:41:22 CDT 2006

Chris tells me that this was discussed at one of the calls I missed, so I took a look at what the
issues are for us. I can probably implement a singleton resource that acts as a default factory
resource so that clients don't have to implement the full WS-Addressing spec. I've been told that
our service framework should interpret this as a stateless service call and be ok. And since
everybody else is using URLs, you'll probably just ignore any WS-A markup that might come in with
the SOAP message created by our clients.

The caveat is that no operations will be available on the Activity. I think this was assumed
already, but I just wanted to make sure for certain. All Activity manipulation will be through the
factory. Is this correct?

One last concern was the version of the WS-Security Username Token spec. Was there agreement on
which version everyone should use?

Thanks, and I think we're finally ready to commit to doing this. Hopefully I can get something
working in a week or so.

Peter