[ogsa-hpcp-wg] Version 0.1 of HPC Basic Profile document

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Fri Aug 25 02:43:50 CDT 2006

Ian, all,

without having the draft read yet:

Inspired from the (obviously extremely successful *g*) HTTP/1.1
specification, I would apply "be generous in what you accept, but exact
in what you emit" here:

So I would suggest stating that a client SHOULD send vectors of length
1, and the consuming service SHOULD accept longer vectors. However, the
service MUST consume only the first element in that input vector.

That would relieve us from defining faults for this case (faults for
empty or non-existing input vectors still apply, though).

Cheers,
Michel

--
Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe