[ogsa-dmi-wg] [Fwd: DMI Status]

Steve Crouch s.crouch at omii.ac.uk
Fri Mar 12 02:21:12 CST 2010

Here's Mario's summary of the status of DMI ...

Cheers
Steve

 From the top of my head here is the DMI status.

o Have a functional spec that is out there already. DataMinx folks
   want changes made in two specific capacities (though only one of
   these may hit the functional spec):

   - Make it less WS specific to accommodate a RESTful profile.
   - Add extensibility points (this may have an impact on the profiles
     not the functional spec - not sure).

o Have a plain WS rendering that has already gone through the OGF
   process - all I have to do is Greg Newby a go ahead to publish
   it but have been waiting in case the extensibility points have
   an impact - not clear to me yet.

o Steve Newhouse and Michel Drescher did interop on the plain WS
   rendering and it's all in the wiki but I've not got round to
   putting this in a document (lack of time/laziness on my part).

o Shahbaz has been working on a WSRF rendering of the functional
   spec. This is in progress but not clear how long Shahbaz will
   be engaged in this process.

o Currently have three chairs: me - hoping to pass on to you;
   Shahbaz for the time being though he may be moving on (not
   to be made public) and Ravi Madduri who has been a sleeping
   partner. Would be good to keep some representation from
   UNICORE/Globus as chairs.