[ogsa-dmi-wg] DMI Telcon Minutes

Mario Antonioletti mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Thu Mar 13 02:50:12 CDT 2008

DMI Call - 12 March 08
======================

Attendees:
 	 Mario Antonioletti, EPCC
 	 Steven Newhouse, Microsoft
 	 Allen Luniewski, IBM

Agenda:

   - Summary of OGF
   - The WSDL/Schema rendering to WS-I/WSRF
   - Encouraging public comments (we have none so far)
   - Generating an interoperability document
   - Timetabling implementations

+---

Actions:

[Mario]  To encourage Dave Berry to ask.
[Mario]  Ask Mohammad Shahbaz from FZJ to see if he can comment.
[Steven] Encourage OGSA folks to look and comment on the spec.
[Ravi]   See if he can get comments from Bill Allcock on the spec.
[Mario]  Try to coordinate the people said that they might be able to
          do implementations.

- Summary of OGF

OGF session went ok.
Mario took minutes but has not had a chance to send them out yet.
Some folks said they would do implementations.

- The WSDL/Schema rendering to WS-I/WSRF

Michel produced XML schemas and WSDL a month or two ago. Steven used
these to generate stubs for his skeleton implementation. Worked well
but generated some feedback - already have some good WSDL so this
should not stop anyone from going ahead to generate an implementation.

Not sure what the status of the refactored WSDL/XML Schema is.

- Encouraging public comments

We now have one set of comments from James Casey:

   http://tinyurl.com/2ncrh6

Would be good to get more. Mario to ask Dave Berry and Mohammad
Shahbaz from FZJ to see if they can contribute.

Steven could/should get OGSA folks to have a look to comment.

Ravi to encourage Bill Allcock to comment (if possible) - this
would be good.

- Generating an interoperability document

Michel has lots of experience on this as he did this for ByteIO.
Take the lead from the ByteIO group: http://tinyurl.com/2ud6s8
Consider the draft-byteio-exp-doc-v0-3 and draft-byteio-interop-doc-012
documents.

- Timetabling implementations

Some level of commitment for implementations: Globus (Ravi Madduri),
FZJ (Mohammad Shahbaz from FZJ), Steven Newhouse, Michel Drescher (?).

Should try to pursue whether we can get implementations so as to try
have a couple of weeks afore the next OGF to do interop between the
different implementations.

Next call will be determined according to progress.

Allen not sure whether he will be able to attend over the next two
weeks, Steven will be travelling throughout April so not sure what
his availability will be.