[ogsa-dmi-wg] OGF21 Slide deck v1

Allen Luniewski luniew at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 26 11:39:20 CDT 2007

A few comments on the foils.

Foil 7 ("What we are not doing..."):  One could say that when the DTF picks
a protocol from the lists supplied by source/sink
      it is doing a primitive form of protocol negotiation.  I do not see
it as part of bandwidth negotiation.
      the "or" in this bullet is wrong.  It should either be "and" or the
two parts should be separate bullets (better)
Foil 8 (DEPR).  I would replace "YOU" with something like "DTI instance".
      Mario's comment about security has opened an interesting question: is
there a security issue in passing DEPRs around if
            they contain authentication information?  I can see one but it
may be the same as my ability to disclose information
            that I have access to to a bad guy.  This needs further
thought.
Foil 9 ("Where do DEPRS come from").  See my note from last week.  I do not
think that DMI should specify where they come from
            but I do think that we have an obligation to suggest what data
services need to supply.  This may be something
            that OGSA Data needs to add to its architecture document.
Foil 10 ("DTF").  I would be careful about "best" in the first bullet.  I
would rather say that the DTF just picks one.  "Best" has far too
                  many dimensions and they are out of scope for DMI.
            "Negotiaste" -> "negotiate".
            I agree with Mario that the future items may end up outside of
DMI.  But I think that DMI is the logical place where
                  these issues should first be considered even if DMI
decides to push them to some other part of the
                  architecture.
Foil 11 ("DTI") I agree with Mario - we should include the state diagram.

Allen Luniewski
IBM Cross Brand Services
IBM Silicon Valley Laboratory
555 Bailey Ave.
San Jose, CA 95141

408-463-2255
408-930-1844 (mobile)

             Mario
             Antonioletti
             <mario at epcc.ed.ac                                          To
             .uk>                      Steven Newhouse
             Sent by:                  <Steven.Newhouse at microsoft.com>
             ogsa-dmi-wg-bounc                                          cc
             es at ogf.org                OGSA-DMI ML <ogsa-dmi-wg at ogf.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [ogsa-dmi-wg] OGF21 Slide deck
             09/26/2007 06:23          v1
             AM

Hi,
    Some minor changes and comments. These are in as notes. Thanks
for doing these Steven. You may wish to undo what I have changed.

Mario