[ogsa-dmi-wg] Resigning my chair.

Mario Antonioletti mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Wed Feb 24 03:46:58 CST 2010

Hi,
    I am sad to have to say that due to change in work committments I
will have to resign my OGSA-DMI Working Group chair. However, Steven
Crouch from the University of Southampton will step up to take over
the position. The work he is currently doing with the DataMinx people
as well his involvement with the JSDL and OGSA-BES Working Groups
means that OGSA DMI will be taken in the right directions and be made
compatible with these other efforts. At this morning's call the group
approved this change and this is your opportunity to dissent or offer
yourself up as a chair if you would so like. If there is no dissent
Steve would assume the chair role, replacing me, at OGF28.
    There are a number of outstanding things from my time as chair:

o Plain WS rendering has gone through the OGF process and is ready to
   be published but have held off from doing this to see whether any
   changes are required from requirements input from the DataMinx
   folks. If these do not impact then this document can be published.
o Interop experiences document from work done by Steven Newhouse and
   Michel Drescher - still needs to be typed up - my bad. May be
   impacted by changes required in the previous point.

Shahbaz is currently determining the changes that would be required on
the WSDL/Schema. Hopefully this can be done before OGF. If there is
no impact then these two points can be moved forward. Shahbaz is also
working on a WSRF rendering of the spec.

Dave Meredith hopes to get an outline version of a bulk data transfer
out by OGF28.

Anyhow, that gives you an outline of where the group has been and
where it is going. I will remain in place until OGF28 and, unless
there are objections, Steve Crouch will take the chair role at OGF28
and take the group forward together with his fellow chairs Shahbaz
Memon and Ravi Madduri.

Mario

|Mario Antonioletti:EPCC,JCMB,The King's Buildings,Edinburgh EH9 3JZ.   |
|Tel:0131 650 5141|mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk|http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~mario/ |