[ogsa-dmi-wg] Telcon Minutes from 23 January

Mario Antonioletti mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 24 06:25:26 CST 2008

OGSA-DMI Telcon - 23 January 2008
=================================

Attendees:
 	   Steven Newhouse, Microsoft
 	   Mario Antonioletti, EPCC
 	   Ravi Madduri, ANL
 	   Allen Luniewski, IBM

Apologies: Michel Drescher, Fujitsu

Agenda:

1.       IPR Notice
2.       Previous Minutes and Action Review
3.       Agenda Bashing
4.       OGSA F2F DMI Feedback
5.       Ravi's changes to the spec
           - data aggregation
           - retries
6.       Other spec changes
7.       XML Schema/WSDL generation progress
8.       OGF Planning
9.       AOB

+---

Actions:

[Steven] Add a rationale in the spec for the current position on the
          interpretation of [data EPRs] as an option and migration
          strategy.

[Michel] Refactor XML Schema and WSDL to have a common core and then use
          these to come up with WS-I and WSRF renderings.

          Ongoing.

[Ravi]   Add the retries content to the spec.

          Done.

[Ravi]   Concretise and add the aggregation content to the spec.

          Done.

2.       Previous Minutes and Action Review

          Done.

3.       Agenda Bashing

          People happy with the agenda.

4.       OGSA F2F DMI Feedback

Steven sent a link to the group with the outcome of the OGSA f2f
discussion:

 	http://tinyurl.com/36ryex

The only thing that has an immediate impact is the way we inspect and
use the data EPRs to go and look up for things in services. This may
lead to public comments. Need to make sure that the spec documents
that the rationale for the choices that we have made is clear -
e.g. this is seen as an optional and migration strategy and eventually
the sources and sinks will mint the data EPRs. Steven took an action
to put some clear text in the spec about this.

Security also came up but that is a general problem for everyone.

5.       Ravi's changes to the spec
           - data aggregation
           - retries

>From Michel:

Fine with the content. However:

- The schema for the instance attributes, and the Attempts element, is
   in the wrong place and should go to the Data Transfer Instance
   section.
- The Data Transfer Instance abstract interface definition lacks a
   "[attempts]" information model element.
- The section explaining the instance attributes should get the
   explanation of the "[attempts]" information element. and the
   concrete schema ten should move to the appendix.
- The status diagram needs updating reflecting that a service may move
   from a failed state to the scheduled state, allowing the retries
   feature.

   Ravi will do the changes that Michel suggested and pass on the
   spec to Steven.

   Allen will try to have a look at the text and will comment if
   required.

6.       Other spec changes

   Figure 1 has got screwed up.
   Ravi will fix before he passes the document on to Steven.

7.       XML Schema/WSDL generation progress

>From Michel:

No progress so far - have to fire fight a crisis towards the end of
this week.

8.       OGF Planning

Ravi, Mario and Steven will be attending OGF.
One 90 minute session has been booked which will be taking place on the
Monday, 13:45-15:15.

Plan to give an overview of the spec and then walk through it.

Michel wants to dial in, Allen may be able to dial in.

Mario can take notes, Steven can present and Ravi can chair -
folks seemed happy with this arrangement.

Consensus was reached to do a last call before OGF.

May have to do this afore the WSDL/XML Schema is ready. In points
where there are differences in the spec text and the XML Schema/WSDL
then the spec text is normative.

Try to reach last call by the end of next week (or did we really say
this week - which is what I wrote?).  Update and submit for initial
GFSG review.

Everyone should go through the document to make sure that there are no
silly typos.

9.       AOB

Nope