[ogsa-dmi-wg] DMI at GIN-Data

James Casey James.Casey at cern.ch
Mon Jan 29 04:56:23 CST 2007

How about:

GIN Data has been very successful in showing interoperability between
standard data access and transport protocols e.g. SRM, SRB, GridFTP.

Also, some work was done to look at improving performance for file
transfers.

OGSA-DMI can provide the next level of interop., by providing a standard
way to negotiate a reliable and performant transfer of a set of files.

Input from GIN to DMI would be very useful on use cases and inter-grid
transfer scenarios.

Also, acknowledgement from grid infrastructure participating in GIN that
DMI would solve some of their problems will provide the service
developers that the work is worthwhile (and should be funded !)

Needs to be converted into a more "Powerpoint friendly" format and
language, but I think this is the general idea for GIN-DMI cooperation.

James.