[ogsa-dmi-wg] Proposal on fault communication for the DTI

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Thu Dec 6 02:23:34 CST 2007

Folks,

as per yesterday's conf call I took the pen and updated the
functional specification with the consented proposal on fault
communication for the DTI (agreed changes included).

The resulting new version of the functional specification is up on
GridForge: https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc14200?nav=1

Some remarks:
As opposed to the proposal document, I separated the definition of
the dmi:Status element from the fault definition that would be
conveyed in the new dmi:Detail section. The reason being for clarity
in the specification that the usual, expected flow of DTI lifecycle
would not require the use of faults at all, and that only unexpected
(hopefully) rare occasions would need faults. Also, faults keep being
collected and specified in one place, being section 5.3 in the
current specification.

I hence release the pen.

Cheers,
Michel