[ogsa-d-wg] Agenda for tomorrow's telcon

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Tue May 23 12:30:14 CDT 2006

The next teleconference of the OGSA Data Architecture working group will
be held on Wednesday May 24th, 2006 at the usual time of 8:00am Pacific
/ 11:00am Eastern / 4:00pm UK / 5:00pm Europe.

Here is the teleconference information:

UK dialin: 0845 245 0224
US dialin: 1 866 838 0046
Intl dialin: +44 1452 542309

Passcode: 275359

Draft agenda for the May 24th teleconference:

1) Early discussion (5 minutes)

Note taker assignment
Roll call
Minutes Approval
Agenda bashing

2) Action report (5 minutes)

- Dave to mail Joel to cancel GGF session.
- Dave to mail Hiro about OGSA WG F2F
- Allen to clarify use of "data transfer" and "data access" in the
architecture document.
- Allen to integrate Neil's changes and put latest version of
architecture document online.
- Stephen to add a paragraph to the architecture document about reasons
for naming, if still needed after Allen's revisions.
- Chris to draft GFS scenario
- Stephen & Dave to review scenarios doc from a storage perspective.
- Stephen & Dave to add interfaces to the scenarios doc.
- Dave to draft metadata catalog scenario & services (cf. SRB)
- Ann to check the Access section for suitability for file replication.
- Section authors review security aspects of their sections.

3) RNS/Naming update (10 minutes)

- Report on the status of RNS and other naming activities

3) Progress report and planning (30 minutes)

We need to schedule work and discussion of the following:

1. Review of latest data arch doc.
2. Interfaces for arch doc - can we arrange a F2F?
3. Interfaces for scenarios doc - Stephen & Dave.
4. Review scenarios from storage perspective - Stephen & Dave.
5. New GFS scenario - Chris.
6. New Provenance scenario - Stephen
7. Metadata catalog scenario & services (cf. SRB) - Dave?

We have previously discussed the following items, and need to check on
progress:

- Storage in cache & federation services
- Operations to add data elements to replication systems
- Metadata operations

7) Wrap up (10 minutes)

Topics for future meetings

Dave Berry
Deputy Director, Research & E-infrastructure Development
National e-Science Centre, 15 South College Street
Edinburgh, EH8 9AA                     +44 131 651 4039