[ogsa-d-wg] The big picture, version 2

Allen Luniewski luniew at almaden.ibm.com
Mon Jan 30 16:48:16 CST 2006

Dave,

In the first figure there seems to be a slight inconsistency in
terminology.  The key says that blue ovals are services.  But the two
middle blue boxes are labeled as being resources.  Now as I understand how
things are modeled, a resource is not a service so this is confusing.
Based on what this is trying to say, I fear that you are going to need to
expand these two ovals and label them as services.   But, at the same
time, add a data resource box inside of each so that the data transfer
arrow is connected in a way that is consistent with the text.

I also realize that I must be confused about data transfer.  I thought
that we were pushing the view that transfer occurs between data services
in a logical sense.  But that the optimized implementation of data
transfer would inevitably connect directly to the resources inside of a
data service.

Allen

"Dave Berry" <daveb at nesc.ac.uk>
Sent by: owner-ogsa-d-wg at ggf.org
01/30/2006 03:34 AM

<ogsa-d-wg at ggf.org>
cc

Subject
[ogsa-d-wg] The big picture, version 2

All,

Here is a revised version of the "big picture" architecture diagrams.
I've taken account of the feedback I received by e-mail and at last
week's meeting.

Please take a look and send comments.

Dave.

[attachment "Big picture v2.doc" deleted by Allen Luniewski/Almaden/IBM]