[ogsa-d-wg] OGSA-D telcon agenda for January 11th - formats and structure

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 03:26:55 CST 2006

Dear All,

Please let me know in advance if you plan to attend this week's telcon.
For those of you calling in, please note the new passcode.

The next teleconference of the OGSA Data Architecture working group will
be held on Wednesday, January 11th, 2006 at the usual time of 8:00am
Pacific / 11:00am Eastern / 4:00pm UK / 5:00pm Europe.

In this telcon we will discuss plans for the F2F & GGF, what format to
use for describing interfaces, and how to link the scenarios and
architecture documents.

Here is the updated teleconference information:

UK dialin:	0845 245 0224
US dialin:  1 866 838 0046
Intl dialin:  +44 1452 542309

NEW Passcode:   275359

Agenda for the January 11th teleconference:

1) Early discussion (5 minutes)
      Note taker assignment
      Roll call
	Minutes Approval (http://tinyurl.com/ace5k)
      Agenda bashing

2) Action report (5 minutes)

- Allen to work on an integration pass, including a scoping section.
- Dave to iterate the description of the ByteIO interface (and let Mario
know).

- Dave to investigate Skype or phone for OGSA Data session at F2F.
- Stephen to investigate whether transient data is supported by RNS.
- Allen & Dave to draft message to GFS co-chair & ADs, saying RNS is too
complicated.
- Ann to check the Access section for suitability for file replication.
- Mario to update the Access section and make text available for
comment.
- Section authors to add security notes to their sections.
- Everyone to talk with your contacts to get more participation in this
WG.
- Allen/Dave to contact David Martin & Hiro Kishimoto to get reviewers &
expert participation (after internal reviews).

3) Progess & planning update (10 minutes)

Update on document writing, links with other WGs, plans for F2F and
telcons up to GGF16.

4) Format for documenting interfaces (15 minutes)

See the messages from myself and Michael Behrens on 22nd/23rd Dec
(attached)

5) Linking the scenarios and architecture documents (15 minutes)

Right now, the scenarios document is fairly loosely tied to the
architecture document.  Do we want to go into greater detail about how
the diagrammatic solutions in the scenarios document tie to specific
sections of the architecture document?  Do we want to create interaction
diagrams that show how and when the architectural components interact to
effect a solution?  Should the architecture document also refer to the
scenarios document?

6) Wrap up (5 minutes)

Next meetings:

Jan 16th-20th:	OGSA F2F in Sunnyvale
Jan 25th:		Report from F2F; review of documents?
Feb 1st:
Feb 8th:
Feb 13th-16th:	GGF16 in Athens

Dave Berry
Research Manager, National e-Science Centre
15 South College St., Edinburgh
Tel: +44 131 6514039