[ogsa-d-wg] Telcon agenda for February 22nd - GGF report & progressing the architecture

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Mon Feb 20 10:47:26 CST 2006

The next teleconference of the OGSA Data Architecture working group will
be held on Wednesday, February 20th, 2006 at the usual time of 8:00am
Pacific / 11:00am Eastern / 4:00pm UK / 5:00pm Europe.

In this telcon we will report back from GGF16.  Note that I would like
to schedule meetings to discuss integration with SRM & GFS, and further
development of our replication and catalog sections.  Please also
contribute your ideas and suggestions.

Here is the teleconference information:

UK dialin:	0845 245 0224
US dialin:  1 866 838 0046
Intl dialin:  +44 1452 542309

Passcode:   275359

Draft agenda for the February 22nd teleconference:

1) Early discussion (5 minutes)
      Note taker assignment
      Roll call
	Minutes Approval (http://tinyurl.com/o935n)
      Agenda bashing

2) Action report (5 minutes)

- Dave to forward old message about interface description.
- Dave to mail Reagan re SRB.
- Dave to raise the question of URIs for data formats (etc) at the GGF16
data area meeting.
- Stephen to add a paragraph to the architecture document about reasons
for naming, if still needed after Allen's revisions.
- Stephen to add interface names to the scenario diagrams.
- Ann to check the Access section for suitability for file replication.
- Neil to update the ByteIO subsection.
- Section authors to add security notes to their sections.
- Everyone to talk with your contacts to get more participation in this
WG.
- Allen/Dave to contact David Martin & Hiro Kishimoto to get reviewers &
expert participation.

3) GGF16 Report (30 minutes)

Our session 1: presentation of status & responses
Our session 2: Grid File Systems, provenance
Other sessions of note
OGSA F2F meeting

4) Progress & planning update (15 minutes)

Topics for next meetings
Schedule for document writing
Links with other WGs

5) Wrap up (5 minutes)

Dave Berry
Research Manager, National e-Science Centre
15 South College Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9AA
Tel: +44 131 651 4039