[ogsa-d-wg] Fw: Updated Data Architecture Document

Allen Luniewski luniew at almaden.ibm.com
Thu Feb 2 12:23:16 CST 2006

The message below, with its attachment, has not made it to the list in ~17
hours so I am concerned that the attachment (even though only ~1.2 MB) has
caused a problem.  So, I have placed the document on GridForege at:

        /projects/ogsa-d-wg/document/Strawman-Architecture_V.6.0.3/en/1

Please see the note below for details about this version of the document
and a request for feedback.

Thanks.

Allen

----- Forwarded by Allen Luniewski/Almaden/IBM on 02/02/2006 10:18 AM
-----

Allen Luniewski/Almaden/IBM
02/01/2006 04:58 PM

ogsa-d-wg at ggf.org
cc

Subject
Updated Data Architecture Document

I have completed my pass over the data architecture document.  The updated
document is attached to this note.

This note outlines what I have done and asks for your comment and
feedback.  Once we have had an initial round of feedback and dealt with
those, I will then place this version on Grid Forge as our current
"truthful" document.

Here is a summary of what was done:
        - Terminology consistency.  I have tried to ensure that
terminology such as data resource, data service, policy and agreement
                are used consistently in the document.
        - Places where work needs to be done by other WGs have been
explicitly identified.  There are a lot of these!
        - I have tried to simply edit.  I have tried to avoid making
semantic changes to the document.  If I have inadvertently changed the
                semantics of the document, this is almost certainly
unintended.
        - The security chapter was moved to just after the "Architectural
context" chapter.  It made no sense for such a generally applicable
                set of material to be at the end of the document.
        - The Data Access section is the last version that Mario
published.  I have not edited it pending completion of Mario's work.
        - All "yellow background" text has been eliminated.  I either
concluded that the text in the document already covered the issue
                or I took a stab at addressing it.
        - Some sections that are not in scope for this version of the
document have been deleted.
        - All previous changes were accepted.  All changes in the document
represent changes made in this editing pass.
        - Minor typographical, spelling and grammatical errors have been
corrected.
        - There are a number of unbound references that need to be
resolved.  I will do this sin the next pass - your help in finding
                proper targets will be appreciated.

A goal of this pass was to get us closer to a document that could be put
out for public comment = a "clean" document if you will.  That is why much
"extraneous" text was eliminated.

Please send your comments and feedback to the entire list or just to me,
as seems most appropriate.  Next Wednesday's teleconference will be used
to review this version of the document and all comments received up to
then.

Allen

[attachment "OGSA_Data_Architecture_Straw_Man [V.0.6.0.3].doc" deleted by
Allen Luniewski/Almaden/IBM]