[ogsa-d-wg] This week's telcon will start 30 minutes earlier

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Mon Apr 24 11:10:52 CDT 2006

The next teleconference of the OGSA Data Architecture working group will
be held on Wednesday, April 16th, 2006 at the EARLIER time of 7:30am
Pacific / 10:30am Eastern / 3:30pm UK / 4:30pm Europe.

Here is the teleconference information:

UK dialin: 0845 245 0224
US dialin: 1 866 838 0046
Intl dialin: +44 1452 542309

Passcode: 275359

Draft agenda for the April 26th teleconference:

1) Early discussion (5 minutes)

Note taker assignment
Roll call
Minutes Approval (http://tinyurl.com/rcmab)
Agenda bashing

2) Action report (5 minutes)

- Dave to ask Allen about starting the call earlier next week [Done!]
- Dave to draft slides for the OGSA webcast and send them to the list
[Done]
- Chris to volunteer to be on the panel for the OGSA webcast [Done]
- Dave to chase Neil re ByteIO [Done]
- Allen to talk to Tom Maguire about EMC's view of SRM.
- Chris to draft GFS scenario
- Stephen & Dave to review scenarios doc from a storage perspective.
- Stephen & Dave to add interfaces to the scenarios doc.
- Dave to draft metadata catalog scenario & services (cf. SRB)
- Stephen to add a paragraph to the architecture document about reasons
for naming, if still needed after Allen's revisions.
- Ann to check the Access section for suitability for file replication.
- Neil to update the ByteIO subsection; then Allen to put latest version
online.
- Section authors review security aspects of their sections.
- Allen/Dave to contact David Martin & Hiro Kishimoto to get reviewers &
expert participation.

3) Progress report and issues arising (30 minutes)

- Storage in the architecture document
- Replication management
- Adding interfaces in scenarios
- Metadata operations
- Transfer vs. Access

4) Planning for GGF17 (5 minutes)

Do we go ahead with the planned session?

6) Task Planning (10 minutes)

We need to schedule work and discussion of the following:

1. Review of latest data arch doc - Need ByteIO input, then Allen to put
latest version online.
2. Interfaces for arch doc - can we arrange a F2F?
3. Interfaces for scenarios doc - Stephen & Dave.
4. Review architecture from storage perspective (including security) -
Allen 4b. Review scenarios from storage perspective - Stephen & Dave.
5. New GFS scenario - Chris.
6. New Provenance scenario - Stephen
7. Metadata catalog scenario & services (cf. SRB) - Dave?

7) Wrap up (5 minutes)

Topics for future meetings

Dave Berry
Deputy Director, Research & E-infrastructure Development
National e-Science Centre, 15 South College Street
Edinburgh, EH8 9AA                   +44 131 651 4039