[OGSA-BES-WG] re-evaluate removal of container model from BES spec appendix

Ellen Stokes stokese at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 27 09:49:10 CDT 2006

Andrew,

Per our discussion at the OGSA F2F Sep 14, I'd like the workgroup to
re-evaluate the decision to remove the (general) container model from the
BES specification appendix.

The intent of this appendix is to provide the container model as an
'informational' appendix so it can be submitted to DMTF as concrete
proposal for inclusion in the DMTF CIM and a context for why a container
model is necessary.

The inclusion of the model in the BES spec does not imply that OGSA must
implement this CIM container model to implement BES; it is merely an
abstraction for a general container model where BES can provide context
for the need and implementation of a specific container model.  If this
point doesn't come across in the appendix text, I have no problem
modifying the text.

I know the BES calls are generally scheduled for Thursdays; however, I am
not available this Thursday Sep 28.
Let me know when this topic can be scheduled as part of BES workgroup
call.

Ellen

Ellen Stokes
STSM, Grid Computing