[OGSA-BES-WG] BES schema/wsdl

Peter G. Lane lane at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 26 10:13:47 CDT 2006

Vivian Li wrote:
> [...]

You're misunderstanding me. I'm not advocating moving all the schema entities into the .xsd file.
I'm still advocating keeping those schema entities that are only relevant to the WSDL (i.e. message
types and elements) inside the WSDL document. No other WSDL or schema needs to import those
entities. The only reason I think we need a separate .xsd file is because there are schema entities
that are shared between WSDL documents (i.e. Activity port type). Also, since the WSDL has a schema
section, you can't say that the WSDL is only for port types and messages. That's just a personal
preference. Why would the WSDL spec creators put it in there if not to allow you to put schema
entities in the WSDL document?

Peter