[OGSA-BES-WG] HPC Profile conf call Wed Nov 29 8am Pacific time: post-SC2006 discussion

Marty Humphrey humphrey at cs.virginia.edu
Tue Nov 21 18:37:50 CST 2006

Folks,

First, I want to THANK EVERYBODY for their hard work leading up to and
including the SC2006 interop demofest! I think we made tremendous progress
and I want to continue the momentum inside the BES, JSDL, and HPC Profile
working groups!!!!

I propose that we have a conference call on Wed Nov 29 at 8am US Pacific
time to discuss what we each learned while we implemented the HPC Profile,
and where we as a group go from here. Please let me know if you can make
this call (a few people said that Fridays were not good, so we're trying a
different day -- but note: this is not necessarily proposed as a weekly
call, this is just a "special" call to discuss things while SC is still in
our minds).

Rich Ciapala, Chris Smith and I tried to identify the unresolved issues that
we either directly encountered or someone raised on the mailing list. We
have certainly tried to capture everything but we probably missed a few
things.

Audience

Topic

HPCP WG

Finalize security additions to profile

BES WG

Finalize faults for all operations

BES WG

Limit amount of data that can be returned from GetAttributesDocument

HPCP WG

Tools for which the schemas should work cleanly with

JSDL WG

RangeValue_Type element clarifications

.         If a single min value and a single max value are to be specified,
should it be done with Boundary_Type's or a single Range_Type?

.         I assume Exact takes precedence over any specified Boundary_Type
or Range_Type's since Exact is a MUST and the others are optional.

BES WG

Finalize Fault element's type for multiple response operations. We changed
this from soap:Fault to xsd:anyType for the demo.

HPCP WG

Finalize list of dependent WS-I specs

BES WG

Use of QNAMEs in GetAttributesDocument response

HPCP WG

Data staging support

BES WG

Clarify operations semantics (i.e. TerminateActivity)

 So, please let me know if you can make this call on Wed Nov 29. Also, let's
start email discussions on the appropriate mailing lists to attempt to
resolve some of these (or at least prioritize these and identify new ones)
before the call next Wednesday.

Thanks again -- I think everything's coming together really well!!!

-- Marty