[ogsa-bes-wg] Questions and potential changes to BES, as seen from HPC Profile point-of-view

Marvin Theimer theimer at microsoft.com
Wed Jun 7 17:51:20 CDT 2006

Hi;

I agree with Chris' characterization of the most common case.  I think
the JSDL community will eventually want to support additional elements
that allow specification of the sorts of things that have come up in
this email thread -- especially since there is no standard,
interoperable definition of what queues should be supported in a larger
system that spans multiple job schedulers and multiple compute clusters.
Luckily, it seems (to me) that most of these extensions can be added in
a very localized manner that is transparent to most of the grid
infrastructure.

I do believe that the HPC profile work will require a richer resource
description capability for describing available resources than the
current one in BES.  I think Donal's suggestion of an array of jsdl
documents seems like a good starting point for discussion of such a
topic.

Marvin.