[ogsa-bes-wg] Create a revised BES spec draft that reflects the decisions of the July F2F mtg

Marvin Theimer theimer at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 16 19:17:41 CDT 2006

Hi;

Another comment/question on Dave Snelling's proposal: I don't really understand how it avoids distinct renderings since it is still the case that we have at least 3 different WSDLs, one per rendering option:

*        WSRF version that employs WS-ResourceProperties, etc.

*        WS-Transfer version that employs WS-Transfer, etc.

*        Resource model-free version that employs an explicit QueryStatus operation (and potentially additional QueryFoo operations).

It is certainly the case that there is a "core" set of operations that is common to all 3 interface choices and we should certainly write the spec that way.  But don't we still end up with 3 different rendering versions?

Marvin.