[ogsa-bes-wg] draft ESI 0.7 OGSA WSRF BP rendering

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Fri Apr 28 10:39:04 CDT 2006

Hi Peter,

I'm referring to spec v0.7 in my inline comments:

On 28 Apr 2006, at 16:19, Peter G Lane wrote:

> Great start! Just a couple of comments:
>
> 1) I'd prefer something like "ManagedJobFactoryResourcePropeties"
> instead of "JobFactoryRPDocument". That way everything is spelled out
> and it's named after the full port type name.

Referring to 3) below, I would suggest
"JobFactoryResourcePropertiesDocument" (or
"JobFactoryResourcePropertyDocument"?), reconciling your and my
suggestions.

> 2) I think the unnamed complexType under the "JobFactoryRPDocument"
> element should be named. Following my preference from #2, this is
> what I
> would like to see (or something similar):
>
> <xsd:element name="ManagedJobFactoryResourceProperties"
> type="tns:ManagedJobFactoryResourcePropertiesType"/>
> <xsd:complexType name="ManagedJobFactoryResourcePropertiesType">
> . . .
> </xsd:complexType>
>
> This is primarily motivated by implementation concerns, but it's not
> like working around broken tooling. I just don't like leaving class
> names up to the tooling. Specifying a name explicitly usually dictates
> what it will be seen as in the API. In addition, it mandates that any
> reuse of the element be done via a ref (like Subscribe).

Agreed, according to the notes from 1).

> 3) The port type name is specified as "JobFactoryPortType" instead of
> "ManagedJobFactoryPortType" from the spec. If this was something
> decided
> upon in the last call I apologize.

I took it directly from the section headings (section 4) and not from
the UML picture in figure 1 (page 5)
I guess pictures get easier out of sync with draft specifications in
much flux, so I preferred the section headings.
Also, I think "ManagedJobFactory" could be misinterpreted as a
JobFactory that is managed which would lead to the wrong assumptions.
But I am probably nitpicking here.
The point is that I have no trouble changing it, if necessary.

I attached the updated versions below.

Cheers,
Michel