[ogsa-bes-wg] Proposed changes to Spec.

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 26 12:43:59 CDT 2005

Andrew:

We should ask the OGSA-WG to speak definitively on the first issue, as
there seems to be confusion among participants as to what the policy means.

Regarding OGSA-BES's use of WS-Name: I appreciate the information on the
decision procedure.

More generally, I guess this exchange reflects a common tension between the
relative importance of the views of "insiders" vs. "outsiders" in GGF WGs.
I know that quite a few people (myself included) started off wanting to
engage as insiders in OGSA-BES, but after various unsatisfactory
interactions (e.g., discussions like this one, where the response to a
concern is to be told that it will be disregarded), ended up becoming
outsiders. The OGSA-BES is of course free to work as it wants, but
excluding the views of so many people also greatly reduces the likelihood
that whatever specifications OGSA-BES produces will be widely adopted.

I don't understand the discussion of events: I didn't speak to eventing in
my email, but about the right way of specifying the activities to which an
operation should apply.

Regards,

Ian.