[ogsa-bes-wg] Next telecon

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw at cs.virginia.edu
Wed Nov 16 13:44:19 CST 2005

All,

Many people are at SC this week and cannot make the telecon. As next
Thursday is Thanksgiving here in the US (one of the top two holidays) I
propose that we skip next weeks telecon as well, and schedule our next
telecom for Thursday, December 1, at the usual time.

The primary issue on the table is the use of WS-Names in BES. There is a
proposal under discussion in the OGSA-WG to prohibit mandatory use of
WS-Names in ANY OGSA specification. That would impact BES in that the
current specification requires the use of WS-Names as return types and
parameters to many of the operations.

This has generated a proposal (during discussions) that if WS-Names cannot
be mandated, that BES revert to the original draft use of AbstractNames
(i.e. strings) as the parameters and return values of the functions.

Another issue that needs discussion is some changes to the document itself.
As Mark Morgan has begun implementing a prototype of the draft specification
several under-specified, or incompletely specified issues have come up. In
separate email he discussed some of those. We will need to take actions
(yea/nea) on some of his choices.

Andrew Grimshaw

Professor of Computer Science

University of Virginia