[ogsa-bes-wg] draft-ggf-ogsa-bes-spec-v5

A S McGough asm at doc.ic.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 07:38:05 CDT 2005

First off - did I miss the posting about the call today?

Some comments inline below:

Andreas Savva wrote:

> - 3.1 CreateActivityFromJSDL:
> There should also be a fault for 'Not a JSDL 1.0 document' to cover
> the case of a document being well formed but not JSDL 1.0.

As there is likly to be more than one version of JSDL. Perhapse a better
statment is "Does not conform to known JSDL format". We then need some
way to say which JSDL formats a service can handle.

> 3.2 GetActivityStatus
> The definition of the fault feels like dictating implementation too
> much. If, say, a list of 100 activities is passed in and only 1 does
> not exist why shouldn't I be able to return a document with any
> gathered information including 'unknown activity' for just that
> activity? So I'd rather have no fault here and extend the definition
> of the values returned in the output document.

Agreed.

> The definition of state 'Other' (p7) says that it is an 'unknown'
> state but this is not correct. 'Unknown' and 'Other' should be
> separate with 'Other' being an extensibility point. And it should be
> possible to return  additional information in that case. So the
> structure defined should be
>    <OverallStatus state="(enumerated state)" otherstate="(this
> container specific states)"?)
> and otherstate is only defined when state=Other

Could this get horribly complex? Just a worry.

steve..

> Andreas
>

> Steven Newhouse wrote:
>
>> Further change tracked revsion to the changes Andrew made in the call.
>>
>> Ignoring white space alterations:
>> * Extra arrow on the action state change diagram for Not Started to
>> Active change.
>> * Revision to the execution action with the 'Execution State' being
>> reflected in the top-level state diagram.
>> * Moving the authorisation issue to the security section.
>>
>> Discussion will continue from section 3.3 on this Thursday's call.
>>
>> Steven

Dr A. Stephen McGough                       http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~asm
Technical Coordinator, London e-Science Centre, Imperial College London,
Department of Computing, 180 Queen's Gate, London SW7 2BZ, UK
tel: +44 (0)207-594-8409                        fax: +44 (0)207-581-8024
Assistant Warden, West Wing, Beit Hall, Imperial College,
Prince Consort Road, London, SW7 2BB            tel: +44 (0)207-594-9910