[ogsa-bes-wg] draft-ggf-ogsa-bes-spec-v5

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Jul 21 07:20:52 CDT 2005

I probably can't make the call today either so here are some comments
wrt v5. Hope they are of use.

- 3.1 CreateActivityFromJSDL:
There should also be a fault for 'Not a JSDL 1.0 document' to cover the
case of a document being well formed but not JSDL 1.0.

3.2 GetActivityStatus
The definition of the fault feels like dictating implementation too
much. If, say, a list of 100 activities is passed in and only 1 does not
exist why shouldn't I be able to return a document with any gathered
information including 'unknown activity' for just that activity? So I'd
rather have no fault here and extend the definition of the values
returned in the output document.

The definition of state 'Other' (p7) says that it is an 'unknown' state
but this is not correct. 'Unknown' and 'Other' should be separate with
'Other' being an extensibility point. And it should be possible to
return  additional information in that case. So the structure defined
should be
    <OverallStatus state="(enumerated state)" otherstate="(this
container specific states)"?)
and otherstate is only defined when state=Other

Andreas