[OGSA-AUTHZ] comments for Use of SAML to Retrieve Authorization Credentials

Tom Scavo trscavo at gmail.com
Thu May 21 20:36:20 CDT 2009

Comments re the answers to comments:

Item 1:

- s/Consent parameter/Consent attribute/
- The Consent attribute MUST be present in the request since the
attribute value defaults to "unspecified", which is not what we want.
- Note that SAML2Core requires the request to be signed (lines 1511--1512).

Item 2:

- The assertion in the appendix is just an example.  The profile
should specify the content of the <saml:SubjectConfirmation> element
by referring normatively to SAMLHoK.

Item 3:

- This implies that SAMLX509SelfQry is not sufficient.  As an
alternative, refer normatively to the SAML V2.0 Holder-of-Key
Assertion Request Profiles.

Item 4:

none

Item 5:

none

Item 6:

- If the requester is the subject, the following requirements MUST be satisfied:

1. The value of the <saml:Issuer> element in the request MUST be the subject
distinguished name (DN) of the presented certificate (see the
Holder-of-Key Assertion Request Profiles).

2. The value of the Consent attribute SHOULD be
"urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:consent:self" (where the latter will be
specified in draft-02 of the Holder-of-Key Assertion Request
Profiles).

Tom Scavo
NCSA