[OGSA-AUTHZ] Comments: Use of SAML to Retrieve Authorization Credentials

Tom Scavo trscavo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 08:17:16 CDT 2008

Hi David,

I don't disagree with anything you've said below.  To solve the
"explicit consent" problem, considerably more work is required than
what I've proposed in my comments.  Before I go any further with this,
the question before the group is: Is this a problem that requires a
solution in the first place?

I'll make one additional comment along these lines.  Suppose the
attribute query crosses administrative boundaries, say, between a grid
VO and a campus AA, where pre-established trust is minimal.  Will a
query that includes a declaration of "implicit consent" be sufficient?
 I don't know the answer to that question but I have a gut feeling the
answer is no, which is why I've raised the issue.

Tom