[OGSA-AUTHZ] Use of IDList in Use of WS-TRUST and SAML to access a Credential Validation Service

Tom Scavo trscavo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 15:46:16 CDT 2008

Hi David,

There are two issues with the <SubjectAttributeReferenceAdvice>
element (apart from the fact that it requires a proprietary schema):

1) it contains SAML V1.1 <AttributeDesignator> elements, which are
gone in SAML V2.0; and

2) it contains URIs (as opposed to entityIDs) and therefore precludes
the use of SAML metadata.

I don't really understand your use case, so I can't suggest an
alternative, but these two issues strongly argue against the
<SubjectAttributeReferenceAdvice> element, I think.

Tom