[OGSA-AUTHZ] Fwd: [IDM] Internet2 privilege management survey

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Thu Nov 6 07:50:19 CST 2008

FYI.  It might be useful if those of us involved in distributed
computing and grid software were to answer this survey for our
institutions, according to the guidelines, from that point of view.

Alan

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Rob Carter <rob at DUKE.EDU>
> Date: November 6, 2008 7:23:03 AM CST
> To: "IDM at LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU" <IDM at LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
> Subject: [IDM] privilege management survey
> >

> Gentlefolk,
>
> Many of you are likely aware that the Internet2 Middleware
> Initiative has been working for some time on addressing issues of
> privilege management in higher ed.  I write today to ask your
> assistance with that effort.
>
> As we move forward with efforts to understand and address the
> privilege management needs of our institutions and organizations, we
> need to clarify and verify our understanding of those needs, and
> validate our assumptions about functional requirements.  To that
> end, we have developed a survey which we hope will help us gauge the
> community's needs and help steer our activities in the future.
>
> I realize that many of you may not be directly involved in your
> institutions' and organizations' privilege management strategies,
> and may not be the best equipped to respond to our survey.  In those
> cases, I would ask that you please share this message with whomever
> you feel is best positioned to address the questions in the survey.
> Those of you who are involved in your organizations' privilege
> management strategies are of course encouraged to take the survey
> with our sincere thanks.
>
> The survey is available online, and can be found at the URL:
>
> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=2HjLk9IdTp78rR_2bjlBO8NA_3d_3d
> password:  privman
>
> A preview of the survey in PDF form is available at:
>
> http://middleware.internet2.edu/signet/docs/PrivilegeManagementSurvey_200811.pdf
>
> Please note that the PDF is intended FOR REVIEW ONLY.  Please do not
> use it to complete the survey.
>
> I look forward to your and your colleagues' survey responses.  Thank
> you for your time and your willingness to assist us in this effort.
>
> --Rob Carter--
> --Duke University--

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics
TTU

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Admin 233, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-742-4350  fax 806-742-4358  :