[OGSA-AUTHZ] OGSA-Authz-WG draft meeting minutes: OGF Jan 29 session

Tom Scavo trscavo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 08:38:19 CST 2007

On 1/31/07, Valerio Venturi <valerio.venturi at cnaf.infn.it> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 20:10 +0000, David Chadwick wrote:
>
> > > * Other business Tom Scavo: Do we need mechanism to bind SAML to
> > > X.509 (equivalent to VOMS)? David: 2005 X.509 has specification for
> > > binding XML to X.509, but doesn't specify XML content Tom Scavo to
> > > investigate how these relate.
> Shouldn't this be done by SubjectConfirmation? Or are you talking about
> assertions travelling within X.509 proxies?

Yes, the latter.  See the following wiki page for some crude thoughts
along these lines:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/GS/X509BindingSAML

> > David: VOMS is providing a standard SAML protocol interface for picking
> > up VOMS attributes. A beta is supposed to be ready by April 2007
> That's correct David. The protocol is that in SAML V2.0 Profiles for
> X.509 Subject as agreed. We are about to work on the implementation of
> the protocol and we will eventually inform Tom and the authors about any
> issue we may have. Hope it won't be too late by that time but we
> couldn't make it before.

Not too late from my point of view.  Valerio, would you mind providing
a pointer to the spec you're looking at?  There have been many
versions and I want to make sure you're looking at the right one.

Thanks,
Tom