[OGSA-AUTHZ] background materials for OGSA Teleconference - Security - Apr. 9, 2007

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Mon Apr 9 13:14:27 CDT 2007

As background material for the discussion at teh OGSA-WG meeting
today, I would like to have people look at the "IdM Tools for Grids"
section of the following session materials from the Educause site,
consisting of proceedings from the Southwest Regional Conference 2007
session on "Case Studies for Identity Management for Virtual
Organizations" in Feb 2007:

http://educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/SWR07058.pdf

or http://tinyurl.com/2amsmw

Other session contributions are included there from 07, Paul Caskey
(UT System) and Jerry Perez (TTU for SURAgrid), which you may find
interesting also.

In summary, we need a clear, consistent set of charters for grid
standards development for the use of various technologies in a grid
context.  Work has started with several co-chartered groups and
organizations within OGF, and I think we should keep good
communication among them.

Details of the meeting, for those who may wish to participate and
have not already received the announcement:

> From: Andreas Savva <andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com>
> When: 2007年4月10日火曜日 7:00-8:00 (GMT+09:00) 大阪、札
> 幌、東京.
>
> *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
>
> <pre>
> [Hiro is unavailable for this call and I will be standing in for him.]
>
> The dial-in number for Monday;
>    US:    +1 718 3541071 (New York) or
>           +1 408 9616509 (San Jose)
>    UK:    +44 (0)207 3655269 (London)
>    Japan: +81 (0)3 3570 8225 (Tokyo)
>    PIN:  4371991
>    More information:
>    - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1477
>
> Screen share service will be provided.
>    More explanation:
>    https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1584
>
> Note: ** OGF IPR POLICY APPLIES **
>        http://www.ogf.org/About/abt_policies.php
>
> <====SLOT 1: STARTS 5pm; ENDS 6pm CDT=====>
>
> 1) Early discussion (10 min)
>          Social study:
>          - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1717
>          Note taker assignment
>          Roll call
>          Agenda bashing
>
> 2) Security (Andrew G and Alan S)
>
>    - Action Item review
>
>     *  AI-0315a: Andrew et al to develop Express Authentication
> Profile,
>                  HPC Profile (Andrew to talk to them), Frank (review),
>  		 Michel Drescher (Unicore), (Steve McGough) GridSam,
>
>     * AI-0315b: Andrew to contact GIN (Erwin Laurie) about existing
> 		(delegation free) use cases.
>
>    - Use case review.
>      UVA team will post a use case document.

The use case document prepared by the UVa team is attached below for
the benefit of those who may not have received it.

Alan Sill, Ph.D
TIGRE Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics
TTU

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Admin 233, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-742-4350  fax 806-742-4358  :