[OGSA-AUTHZ] Updated version of VOMS Specification (FINAL)

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Mon Sep 11 08:30:14 CDT 2006

Hi Vincenzo

concerning point v) you misunderstood my point. I was actually saying
that your example should include (OID 1 3 6 1 5 5 7 1 14) since this
signals that the cert is a proxy cert, but your example does not appear
to include it, therefore your example cant be a proper proxy cert.

regards

David

Vincenzo Ciaschini wrote:
> David Chadwick wrote:
>
>> Hi Vincenzo
> Hi David,
>

>> I was looking though your document and I have the following comments
>> to make
>
> In general:  Thanks for all your comments!
>

>> i) in Section 3 you say that the VOMS OID is 1.3.6.1.5.3004.100.100 but
>> in the examples it appears as 1 3 6 1 4 1 8005 100 100
> Oops!  The one in the example is the correct one.  I'll fix the one in
> section 3.
>

>> ii) in Section 3.5.3 (issuerCerts) the name says this is an AC cert
>> list, but the semantics appears to say it is a PKC list up to but
>> excluding the root CA. Can you be more specific here please. Is this a
>> list of ACs from the AA (AC issuer) to the SOA, or is it a chain of PKCs
>> that are needed to validate the signatures on the ACs in the proxy cert.
>> Clearly it cant be both since in a delegation scenario there are
>> potentially many chains of PKCs, one for each AC issuer in the AC chain.
> The intent of this extension is to include the AA's PKC and its chain.
>
>> If it is meant to be a PKC chain, then the Semantics section should read
>> "This extension is meant to include the AA's public key certificate and
>> the whole public key certificate chain leading from it up to but
>> excluding the CA certificate..." and the syntax should be renamed
>> pk-cert-list.
> We will clarify this.
>

>> iii) Section 3.5.4.1 "the MUST" -> "they MUST"
> Corrected.
>

>> iv) in Section 4 you dont properly specify how your ACs are packaged
>> inside proxy certs, and I can not find what OID you have defined for the
>> policy language of a proxy cert. Is the AC sequence defined in Section
>> 4.1 supposed to be it? or do you recommend using one of the standard
>> values of inherit all or independent? This needs to be spelt out more
>> clearly please.
> Ok, I see this needs to be clarified.  In short, the ACs are packages
> inside the AC sequence defined in Section 4.1.  We will rewrite this to
> make it clearer.
>
> Also, policy language values are supposed to be those specified in RFC
> 3280, section 3.8.2, as is standard for proxy certificates.  For these
> we did not think about duplicating the information.
>

>> v) In the example proxy cert in Section 5 I can not find the proxy cert
>> info extension (OID 1 3 6 1 5 5 7 1 14) anywhere.
> Where is this?  I just checked the doc, and the nearest match to that
> was (1 3 6 1 5 5 7 1 1), authorityInfoAccess.
>

>> vi) the example contains the OID 1 3 6 1 4 1 8005 100 100 11 which is
>> not described anywhere
> Corrected (an old value was present in the OID of the tags extension.
>>
>> vii) the example contain the OID 1 3 6 1 4 1 8005 100 100 6 which is
>> obsoleted in Section 4.3
> Yes, it is there intentionally, to demonstrate that it is possible to
> find them (for compatibility with older servers), but they should be
> [...]

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
The Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
Skype Name: davidwchadwick
Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
Fax +44 1227 762 811
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184