[OGSA-AUTHZ] Updated version of VOMS Specification (FINAL)

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Sat Sep 9 17:36:35 CDT 2006

Hi Vincenzo

I was looking though your document and I have the following comments to make

i) in Section 3 you say that the VOMS OID is 1.3.6.1.5.3004.100.100 but
in the examples it appears as 1 3 6 1 4 1 8005 100 100

ii) in Section 3.5.3 (issuerCerts) the name says this is an AC cert
list, but the semantics appears to say it is a PKC list up to but
excluding the root CA. Can you be more specific here please. Is this a
list of ACs from the AA (AC issuer) to the SOA, or is it a chain of PKCs
that are needed to validate the signatures on the ACs in the proxy cert.
Clearly it cant be both since in a delegation scenario there are
potentially many chains of PKCs, one for each AC issuer in the AC chain.
If it is meant to be a PKC chain, then the Semantics section should read
"This extension is meant to include the AA's public key certificate and
the whole public key certificate chain leading from it up to but
excluding the CA certificate..." and the syntax should be renamed
pk-cert-list.

iii) Section 3.5.4.1 "the MUST" -> "they MUST"

iv) in Section 4 you dont properly specify how your ACs are packaged
inside proxy certs, and I can not find what OID you have defined for the
policy language of a proxy cert. Is the AC sequence defined in Section
4.1 supposed to be it? or do you recommend using one of the standard
values of inherit all or independent? This needs to be spelt out more
clearly please.

v) In the example proxy cert in Section 5 I can not find the proxy cert
info extension (OID 1 3 6 1 5 5 7 1 14) anywhere.

vi) the example contains the OID 1 3 6 1 4 1 8005 100 100 11 which is
not described anywhere

vii) the example contain the OID 1 3 6 1 4 1 8005 100 100 6 which is
obsoleted in Section 4.3

viii) section 3.4.1. The IetfAttrSyntax is defined in RFC 3281 and not
RFC 3280.

regards

David

Mary Thompson wrote:
> Vincenzo,
>     I uploaded the version that was attached to your email to the
> GridForge page for OGSA-AuthZ-wg
> http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/projects.ogsa-authz/docman.root.attributes
>
> Mary
>
> Vincenzo Ciaschini wrote:
>> Von Welch wrote:
>>
>>> Vincenzo,
>> Hi Von,
>>
>>>  One question, according to 4.1.1 the extension id is { voms 5 },  but
>>> looking at the example in section 5, I don't actually see that
>>> extension used. What am I misunderstanding?
>> No, you are right.  What happened is that when I cut-and-pasted the AC
>> dump, I mistakenly deleted that line.  This is fixed now.
>>>  One suggestion, the definition for the voms base oid is currently
>>> somewhat buried in section 3.4.1.1, I suggest pulling that out and
>>> making it more prominent.
>> Agreed.  It is now In section 3, right after the AC definition.
>>
>> Mary, since we consider the document final, can you upload it on the
>> ogsa-authz page along the other documents for public access?  We don't
>> seem to have access to do it ourselves.
>>
>> Ciao,
>>    Vincenzo
>>
>>> Von

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
The Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
Skype Name: davidwchadwick
Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
Fax +44 1227 762 811
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184