[OGSA-AUTHZ] Vincenzo's VOMS document?

Olle Mulmo mulmo at pdc.kth.se
Mon Apr 24 04:36:53 CDT 2006

All,

I'm curious as to Vincenzo's informational write-up on VOMS,
submitted to the group on February 13.

VOMS is used in a number of production grids today. It is the basis
for interoperating authorization in the GIN effort. Having a solid
write-up on its internals and semantics would most certainly be welcome.

Question: how should this be handled? I can see it go multiple ways:

1. The document goes into public comment as an individual submission
more or less as is
2. This group makes a round of editing on it first and then do a 2-
week last call on the list before the public comment
3. This group includes the document it in the revised charter as
another deliverable

While the current document seems rather complete, I include 3. as an
option anyhow as there are additional things to think of: for
instance, a SAML wrapping of the attributes instead of/in addition to
the current X.509 attribute certificate format. If we want such a
thing (and I think we do), this would in turn advocate for a
separation between the definition and the semantics of the
attributes, and the packaging/delivery mechanisms of those attributes.

Regards,

/Olle