[OGSA-AUTHZ] SAML AuthZ Service Document Comments

Takuya Mori moritaku at bx.jp.nec.com
Sun Mar 13 21:35:14 CST 2005

Hi All,

Please find my comments on the SAML AuthZ Service Document in the
below:

1. 5.1 Element <ExtendedAuthorizationDecisionQuery>
  Request Signed Element
  - How the client should behave if it gets unsigned response although
    it has requested signed one?
  - Does a client has a free choice for the behavior?
    ie. A client may ignore the response if it isn't signed even if
        it has requested a signed response.

2. 6.1.1 NameIdentifier Element
 - the NameQualifier element is open for the use by applications?
   IMO, it is good to make it open for application usage

3. 6.1.2 SubjectConfirmation Element
 - Does the confirmationMethod still be set to
   http://www.gridforum.org/ogsa-authz/saml/2004/01/am/gsi?
   even if the subject confirmation method contains X509 Id cert.
 - How a responder (authz svc) should behave if the data of a subject
   is supplied in the SubjectConfirmation Element?  Is it required
   to validate the data?

4. 6.1.4 Action Elements
 - I think it would be better to define the string representation
   more specific.  The QName of the operation would be better.

Hope it isn't late,
Takuya Mori

----
    Takuya Mori